Amiots of the North

Amiots of the North
God has blessed us so much. We are so thankful. We hope to live out His love and the life He has called us to. Photo Credit Ben Nash Photography

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year





Well there is our Christmas Card this year.  Husby's idea.  Self-timer.  Self-edit... Yep needs some work, but it was good enough this year.

We had a great Christmas season with lots of family.  The week before Christmas my younger brother graduated from university.  We had a graduation celebration with my grandma and grandpa, uncle, my family, and a couple of my brother's roommates and his girlfriend. The next day we celebrated Christmas by going to the semi-final football game. SO MUCH FUN.  I had stood in line the Wednesday before to get tickets.    Besides being all together for 'Christmas' (actually it was lets have dinner and watch the Amiots open presents) a highlight of the weekend was probably cranberry salsa.  My brother's girlfriend made it and we all oohed and ahh'd over it.  Delicious stuff. 

The next weekend was Christmas weekend.  Husby had to work the entire long weekend (Friday through Monday.)   Yucky!  It was probably a time for us to start some of our own traditions, but we didn't.  I was going to pick up some things at the store after the Christmas Eve service.  Nope. Never mind. The store closed 3 hours ago.  I just didn't think they would be closed that early!  Oops.  I am glad those people got to be with their families.  I did however make it to Family Dollar to pick up a couple last minute meal things.  I wanted them to be special but Red Barron Pizza just wasn't quite what I was going for. 

Christmas day we drove north to Husby's parents' home.  It was great to see family and start the marathon of present opening.  That night the kids got to open a few gifts and then went to bed.  Then the adults got to open one present.  The next day Husby drove back south to go to work and then back to his parents'.  Then the kids opened more presents.  The adults opened some more. Then the next day we opend some more? I could be wrong, but it sure felt like a marathon of opening gifts.

When I grew up we usually opened gifts Christmas Eve.  Everyone at the same time. 
Pros: The job gets done
Cons: You don't get to see how people react to their presents unless you take time out and watch quietly

Husby's family would open a gift and go around the circle, probably Christmas day?
Pros: Get to see people's reactions and see everything they got
Cons: can take a significant amount of time depending on the size of the group.

We will see what kind of traditions or things that 'usually' happen with us as we get older. 

Happy 2012!

We spent the new year with Husby's parents.  They took us to a movie. We went to another Christmas party, and we rang in the new year with Lavosh. Delish. 






No comments:

Post a Comment